Greenleaf Landscaping is looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best landscaping experience for our customers!
We are hiring for the following positions. Interested candidates should send there resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our main location at 5602 E Desmet, Spokane Valley to apply. Walk-In’s are welcome!
Reports to – Arbor Department Manager
- Under the direction of the Arbor Department Manager Arborist will work with customers in private residential or commercial landscapes to raise, maintain and remove trees. Greenleaf Arborists are tree specialists who may work on trimming or removing trees as well as raising or maintaining trees.
- Analyzing, evaluating and diagnosing a wide variety of plants for disease or disorder
- use hand and power tools to prune, hedge and remove trees
- Repairs splitting or broken limbs or branches and other tree wounds
- Operates and maintains safety equipment: may include chainsaws, hedge trimmers, pole pruners, pole/hand saws and chippers
- Work independently or as a team member that requires concentration and physical effort
- Care for individual trees/shrubs and their appearance by training young trees and removing diseased, dead, or dying branches.
- Install trees to plant based on climate, soil conditions and to the customs needs. May also use specialized knowledge and equipment to remove fallen, storm-damaged or unwanted trees.
- Bachelor’s degree in arboriculture, horticulture or environmental conservation or equivalent of 4 years working in a similar position
- Ability to use basic math (example, add and subtract) or ability to learn basic math to count product for inventory.
- Certified ISA Arborist Certificate or Master Certified Arborist and Certified Tree Worker
- Ability to work full-time, outdoors, with many hours in peak seasons, after storms and other emergencies including inclement weather
- Ability to lift 70lbs periodically and 50lbs consistently throughout daily shift
- Carries a positive attitude towards customers through conflict resolution
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required
$17 – $20 and hour -this is a competitive DOE position
- Opportunities for overtime
Reports to: Horticulture Manager
Salary: $13-$16 DOE
Function: Responsible for year-round propagating, grooming and maintenance of the plants and gardens for various commercial and private property accounts.
Status: Non-Exempt / Full Time Mon-Friday 7AM to 3:30PM with occasional overtime
• Prepares the garden and surrounding are well maintained, that the plants and collections are healthy, and that the garden is safe and attractive for the public
• Performs and supports horticultural practices that encourage overall plant health and soil nutrition, to include sustainable gardening and integrated pest management practices
• Maintains horticultural tools and equipment • Maintains records of work, garden maintenance, and plant health as required
• Supervises horticultural personnel, seasonal employees in horticultural tasks
• Serves as part of the snow and ice team during the winter months
• Collaborates with the Horticultural team on all tasks required for maintaining the highest standards of landscape management and horticultural operations
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in horticulture, botany, natural science or related field of study is highly preferred, Master Gardener certificate a pulse
• Minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience in a public garden or conservatory, with in-depth knowledge of plant culture, maintenance, and identification
• Must possess a valid State of WA Driver’s License
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test as a condition of employment
Spray Technician Apprentice
Are you looking for a career that enables you to work independently with customers in the outdoors? Come join our growing team as an entry level spray operator. Greenleaf will train and help prepare you for your career with us using the most updated field software to make your job easier.
We are looking for candidates who are:
Friendly (Customer Service Oriented)
Willingness to learn and apply our code of ethics
Valid Drivers License with a clean driving record within the last 12 months
Must be 18 years of age to apply
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Pre-Employment Drug Screen
Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly thought the shift
Paid Vacation / Holidays / Sick Leave
Kudos Rewards Program (Bonuses)
IRA – Investment for retirement
- Performs routine safety inspections on spraying equipment and spray vehicles
- Operates sprayers and spreaders to apply applications, pesticides, and fertilizers to residential and commercial customers
- Diagnose areas that need proper landscape attention and provide the customer with options for preventative care.
- Adhered to all Greenleaf Policies and procedures
Responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds surrounding a business or building. Plants flowers, mows, pulls weeds, repairs structures, and maintains outside of building.
Salary: $14 – $16 DOE
Schedule: 7 AM to 3:30 PM Overtime as needed
- Perform grounds keeping and other duties as assigned
- Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower
- Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and trees
- Apply fertilizer to ground to enhance growth
- Winter season: shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle ice down to keep people from falling or operate a snowplow
- Sweep walkway of debris
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
- Operate stump grinder machinery and operate company trucks
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed
- Install rock and bark
- Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer
- Work on the Tree Farm
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have 2 years of Commercial Landscaping experience
- Must have a valid WA Driver License
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Must be reliable and have good history of attendance
The Irrigation Technicians will maintain the irrigation equipment assigned to him or in a specific area. This equipment can include sprinklers, water lines, pumps, suction devices, valves and other plumbing equipment in commercial and non-residential properties.
Salary: $15.50 – $17 DOE
Irrigation Repair Technician Duties:
- Repair irrigation system defects
- Assist superintendent in maintaining parts inventory
- Make all irrigation orders with approval.
- Perform preventative maintenance and curative maintenance on pump stations
- Operate main pumps and pump controllers
- Maintain daily record of activities and expenses
- Check irrigation systems for leaks, lakes and dry areas
- Inventory irrigation parts and supplies
- Operate and maintain light utility vehicles and powered equipment
- Record changes in irrigation system component routings or locations on the working copy of the system as-built drawings
- Follow Company Procedures are being followed in the field
- Completing daily paperwork (timesheets, DOT sheets)
- Completing startup sprinklers in the spring
- Completing blow out sprinkler maintenance in the fall
- Reviewing “day before call ahead” and next day schedule
- Knowledge of repairing valves, operating controllers and troubleshooting irrigation systems
- 2 Years Irrigation Experience preferred
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment Drug Screen
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Ability to kneel, stand and lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. daily.
- Excellent customer service skills
Position Requirements:Knowledge of repairing valves, operating controllers and troubleshooting irrigation systems
2 Years Irrigation Experience preferred
Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment Drug Screen
Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
Ability to kneel, stand and lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. daily.
Excellent customer service skills